Thursday, November 24, 2011

BLOGUS INTERUPTUS

"I used to complain because I had no shoes, then one day I met a man who had no feet."


I'm actually in the middle of a new post but had to stop for a moment to give thanks. Let us not forget in the frenzy of cooking and eating and then shopping and wrapping that this day is really to remind us to be grateful. I try to be thankful for everything even things which seem bad at the time but sometimes I forget. I'm thankful that our country sets aside this day to remind me.

Today the sun is shining, Thank you God.
I have family and some very good friends. Thank you God.
 I am currently about to start work. Thank you God.
I am eating and will be able to eat later when I am hungry. Thank you God.
I am relatively healthy and so are those closest to me. Thank you God.

God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today.  Have you used one to say "thank you?"  ~William A. Ward

For those 86,400 seconds. Thank you God.

If you have lived, take thankfully the past.  ~John Dryden

For all of the things in my past, good and bad, which have brought me to this moment.. Thank you God.

As each day comes to us refreshed and anew, so does my gratitude renew itself daily.  The breaking of the sun over the horizon is my grateful heart dawning upon a blessed world.  ~Terri Guillemets

I could go on but you all get the picture. I hope that tomorrow, when the turkey and dressing is digested and the credit cards are maxed out, we don't forget to give thanks yet again and again the day after that.

This is me, with a grateful heart, signing off for now.



No comments:

Post a Comment