Monday, September 12, 2011

hello, it's me

A few years ago, when I turned 50, I thought it might be  intriguing to commit some of my thoughts to paper (well actually the internet, this is after all the 21st century). Unfortunately, the "P" in my name stands not only for Ponzo but also for procrastination. So here it is one month shy of being  four years later. I promise to do better now that I've begun.

So what's it like for a black woman, born in the U.S. pre-P.C. (personal computer that is), to be a citizen of the world in the digital age? What's changed in the last half century for good or ill? What hasn't changed that should have? What (or who) moves me to anger or tears, sends me into gales of laughter or towering rages, or somewhere in between?

I've been told that I can string a sentence together pretty well. I'm counting on you thinking so too. (Lord, I hope those folks weren't just being kind!)  So get ready for rants, ruminations, reviews and more. If I can have an opinion I probably do. To paraphrase Bette Davis, fasten your seat belts. It's going to be a bumpy ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment